DAY 18 - NIGHT OF COMPASSION

Bible Reading:
Matthew 15:21-28

Bible Text:
Romans 9:15 '…I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion.'

MIDNIGHT MEDITATION:
The Canaanite woman had a demon-possessed daughter whom she dearly loved; maybe the child was the only child she had. As a mother, she must have tried everything to ensure that her child regained her health back but all proved to be to no avail. The woman heard of Jesus and travelled down from Canaan to see Jesus in the region of Tyre and Sidon where He was preaching. Desperate and in agony she ran to Jesus and we see the following come into play:

She pleaded for Mercy. 
This woman had come with all assurance that Jesus, a merciful king would listen to her plight and heal her daughter but she received the shock of her life: Jesus did not answer her, not even a word! What a great embarrassment it must have been to run to someone you required help and have him not utter a word. Many of us would have reacted differently after such an act but she did not give up. Many times like this poor woman, we have cried out to God in fear, in desperation and hopelessness; pouring out our fears to Him only to have Him keep silent and act unresponsive to our call. Does it mean He does not hear us? No! He hears and very clearly too. Isaiah 59:1 “Behold the Lord's hand is not shortened that it cannot save; Nor His ear heavy that it cannot hear”. The Lord God hears us every time we call but most times our sins prevent Him from answering because the prayers of a sinner are an abomination to God. The Canaanite woman just wanted the help of God. Many of us run to God because of challenges that we face; after the solution has been granted we usually go back to our way of life and come running back when a more daunting challenge comes up again. God seeks women who are worshippers, who do not serve Him because of the problems they face but despite the problems. Are you a worshipper or a challenge carrier Christian?

She Worshipped:
When the Canaanite woman realized her frailty and her inadequacy before God, she realized how filthy and unqualified she was to stand before God, 'she came and worshipped Him saying, “Lord help me!” If Jesus was not attentive to the cry of this poor woman, he would have heeded the instructions of the disciples and sent her away but He understood the plight of this woman and granted her an opportunity to know Him fully.

Yet another hurdle.
She has worshipped, the miracle must come, but yet another hurdle. Jesus asked yet another injurious question to test the woman's faith in God. By answering this question, the woman knew that by all human standards she was unqualified for the miracle that she had requested but through faith in the grace of God manifested through Jesus Christ she also could be a partaker of God's favor. With her faith based reply her request was granted just like that! And her demon-possessed daughter received an instant healing! Hallelujah!
Our God is compassionate Matthew 14:14 “and when Jesus went out He saw a great multitude; and He was moved with compassion for them, and healed their sick”. He also wants us to show compassion to one another. As you tap from the compassionate God, it is also expected that you will show compassion; 1 Peter 3:8 says: “Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous.”

Are you at the verge of giving up on God because of a pressing need that is yet to be met? You need to re-evaluate your life and relationship with God. Do you have a genuine soul-saving relationship with your maker or are you a challenge carrier son or daughter? God earnestly desires to have a close relationship with you, He desires to show you all the love He has in store for you and help you reach that glorious destiny he has specially crafted and planned for you. Will you be like the Canaanite woman and lay aside your problems and embrace His love? Will you allow Him to accord your surrender as a great act of faith? He awaits your reply tonight, do not delay.

It is the night of compassion. The scripture says in Isaiah 49:15 “can a woman forget her nursing child, and not have compassion on the son of her womb? Surely they may forget, yet I will not forget you.” As you pray tonight, God of compassion shall show up and we will all meet to celebrate.


PRAY UNTIL GOD ALMIGHTY ANSWERS (PUGAA)
IT'S MIDNIGHT PRAYERS:
  1. Lord, I repent from being a challenge carrier in your presence to being a true worshipper, in spirit and in truth.
  2. O Lord, my desire is to please You, expose Your saving love to me Just as You did to the Canaanite woman, have compassion on me in Jesus name.
  3. Merciful King, have mercy upon me! Have mercy upon me tonight. Help me Lord and cancel all lies which were forged against me in Jesus name.
  4. Open my eyes of faith to see and feel Your abundant love upon my life and family; deal well with me according to Your Word in Jesus name.
  5. Father, I lay all my challenges and problem before You and worship wholly before You tonight. Help me to dedicate myself and my family to You and be steadfast in Jesus name. Amen
  6. Give me a patient spirit to pay attention to You, give me an open heart that will always be open for Your love to flood through in Jesus name.
  7. Father at the weakest point in my life when I am about giving up, step in and encourage me and show me your blessed promises for my life.
  8. Father I declare tonight that it is all about you, my life is all about You, my family is all about You, my nation and State is all about You.
  9. Father, You are the God that never slumber nor sleep, please show up in my life and all that pertains to me.
  10. I leave my exalted throne of self and prostrate before Your throne of grace; o Lord, show me Your mercy tonight, let Your compassion speak in my case.
  11. Father according to Your word in Mal. 3:6 because You do not change, O God let me and my family not be destroyed by the fury and wickedness of the devil and his cohorts in Jesus name.
  12. Dear Lord, I want to see Your deliverance upon my life and my family in the land of the living.

FAMILY MIDNIGHT PROPHETIC DECLARATIONS:
N/B: Beloved be on your knees, lay your right hand on your head and by faith prophetically claim all the midnight declarations. See yourself as someone kneeling before a great messenger of God and after claiming all declarations, go back and sleep.
  1. This season, you will become a voice everywhere you go. Your suggestions shall be regarded as commandments and you will be an authority in Jesus name.
  2. Every good thing you desire for a major breakthrough shall discover you; divine identity that shall render your prevailing negative circumstances null and void shall be your portion in Jesus name. Amen
  3. The Lord will build a hedge of fire round about you and any arrow sent to stop your extraordinary breakthrough and advancement shall be sent back to the sender in Jesus name.
  4. As God struck the soldiers assigned to arrest Elisha in Dothan with blindness; all those assigned against you shall suffer blindness in Jesus name.
  5. You shall address everything that the enemy positioned to negatively affect your glorious testimony this season in Jesus name.
  6. You shall win without fighting; nothing shall chase you into trouble anymore. Your destiny helpers shall keep locating you at every point of your need in Jesus name.

ACTION TIME FOR CHRIST'S FAMILY:
  • Locate your mother or any female relatives; send them a text wishing them the very best this season. Inform all the women, ladies and girls in your contact to get set for the last day's programme.
  • Crosscheck your prayer request card. If you have not seen it, then pick up a plain sheet of paper and write down your prayer request for the early morning anointing service.

Comments

Save more with Konga